1. settlement to insure religious freedom newport, rhode island 2. jewish community in new england gorges and mason 3. came to rhode island because of discrimination in england thomas hoooker 4. founder of connecticut quakers and jews 5. established settlements in maine and new hampshire rhode island
answer placeholder because the system is messed up
definitely 1. Gorges and mason
The correct answers are the following.
1. Settlement to ensure religious freedom: The Maryland colonists that arrived at St. Clement's Island.
2. The Jewish community in New England: Quakers and Jews.
3. Came to Rhode Island because of discrimination in England: Separatists, Quakers, and Jews.
4. Founder of Connecticut: Thomas H**ker.
5. Established settlements in Maine and New Hampshire: John Mason and Sir Ferdinando Gorges.
We are talking about an important time in United States history when the English people decided to colonize the North American territories for many reasons. For instance, the people that founded the Jamestown, Virginia colony in 1607, were sponsored by the Virginia-London Company to exploit the raw materials and make profits. Or the Puritans that founded the Plymouth colony in Massachusetts in 1620, who were escaping from religious persecution from the Church of England.
the only sensible answer would be number 1. gorges and mason
hope this helps